Tyler and I are in search of the Ultimate Holiday drink. We've scoured the internet looking for recipes to try, and have narrowed it down to a select few. Hopefully at the end of this series we will find what we'll be serving on December 25th!
Tyler and I love margaritas. We met and got married in Cancun, and we live in Southern CA so we have some of the best Mexican food in the country by us. So we were both really excited to try the White Christmas Margarita from How Sweet Eats.
For this drink, we halved the original recipe as there were only two of us. Here are our thoughts.
- Very tasty
- The tequila, lime, and coconut go really well together
- There are way too many ingredients (including 4 different coconut drinks), and the ingredients aren't common household staples
- It's thick and sits heavy, so you might only want one, and this recipe makes a lot more than one
Originally, we both rated this a 2. The recipe calls to stir with a whisk, not shake over ice, but we decided to shake it over ice anyway to get it colder. That really helped to incorporate all the ingredients, so we increased our ratings to 3 stars each.
For those keeping track at home, our favorites are in this order:
- The Clausmopolitan (Sarah: 5/Tyler: 5)
- White Christmas Margarita (Sarah: 3/Tyler: 3)
- Orange Creamsicle Mimosa (Sarah: 3/Tyler: 2)