Requisite Backstory for SEO:
Sorry, I know y'all hate it just like I do, but it's got to get done. I first tried one of these Rolo treats at my best friend Mary's wedding back in 2016. Her husband's Aunt Patty is famous for them, and I spent my the entire afterparty shoving my mouth full of these beauties, hovering over the bowl and glaring at anyone who tried to sneak their hand in. They're so good that I had to go home and make them myself, and let me tell you, they are so easy that my toddler could make them (well, if he could reach the oven and had the self-control not to just eat the ingredients raw, neither of which he can do yet). They quickly became a go-to party staple for me, both due to the ease at which you can make them (seriously, the most time consuming thing is unwrapping the Rolos), and how much everyone loves eating them.
My one word of caution is, if you store them in the fridge, make sure they have come completely back to room temperature before serving. The Rolos are too big and hard (that's what she said) to bite through when they are cold. Okay, that's enough backstory, on with the recipe!
- Unwrapped Rolo Candies
- Holiday M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Place pretzels on a baking tray in a single layer
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Rolo
Cook for 2-4 minutes
- Watch carefully to make sure the Rolos don't melt down completely
- Remove from oven and immediately top with an M&M, pressing down so the Rolo adheres to the pretzel
- Store in fridge or cool location
- Serve at room temperature